Date/Time types

From: "Seb" <nospam(at)nospam(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date/Time types
Date: 2002-09-20 08:54:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I'm french, so excuse me if my english is not correct.

I'd like to create a table with a Timestamp row (named date for example) and
width a resolution as smaller as possible (1 microsecond if possible).

What is exactly the correct query for that question ?

The query I've written is :
CREATE TABLE "table" (
"id" int4 NOT NULL,
"date" timestamp [13] NOT NULL )

If this correct, I've a second question : how can I insert a value ??? I've
tried many ways but any works ! I'm lost....
I've tried to cast, to use CURRENT_TIMESTAMP with a precision, but nothing
works...

Thanks for your help

Seb