Re: error messages

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PJourdan <info(at)lespetitsplaisirs(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error messages
Date: 2002-05-02 16:31:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

Phillip,

> I have found some errors in my pgsql error file:
> FATAL 1: Database :"template0" is not currently accepting connections

This means that some part of your PHP script attempted to log in to
Template0 (which is kept closed, for emergency restores) or use it as a
database template instead of Template1.

> ERROR: Relation 'visits'does not have attribute 'path'

Somewhere in your script is a reference to the "path" field of the
table "visits", which does not exist. Alternately, it's possible that
"path" does exist, but it is a reserved word and needs to be quoted.

> ERROR: Bad boolean external representation '<font

a BOOLEAN variable. That's bad HTML/PHP.

> ERROR: Relation "mustdie" does not exist

There is no table "mustdie", yet you persist in asking for it. What
kind of user are you, anyway? ;-)

> NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-caluse entry for table "customer"

You referenced a field from "customer" in your query, but did not
include customer in your FROM clause. This frequently has unexpected
results. Fix the query.

> ERROR: No such atribute or function 'pcustomer_id'

Same as several above.

> I would like to understand what these statements mean so I can trace
> and correct problems in the database.

One bit o' help. Stop Postgresql. Go to the postgressql.conf file,
and turn "quote queries" on in the logging options. This will allow
you to see the queries that generate the error in the log. You will
want to turn this option back off before going live, though, or your
logs will get huge ...

-Josh