Re: error messages

From: "P(dot) Jourdan" <pippo(at)videotron(dot)ca>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error messages
Date: 2002-05-02 16:52:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

At 09:31 AM 5/2/2002 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>Phillip,
>
> > I have found some errors in my pgsql error file:
> > FATAL 1: Database :"template0" is not currently accepting connections
>
>This means that some part of your PHP script attempted to log in to
>Template0 (which is kept closed, for emergency restores) or use it as a
>database template instead of Template1.

I found that this seems to be caused by pgAdmin2 when I access my FreeBSD
machine from my W2kPro. The pgAdmin2 window shows the template0 as a
database X'ed out in red. When I run it and immediately check the log - bingo!

> > ERROR: Relation 'visits'does not have attribute 'path'
>
>Somewhere in your script is a reference to the "path" field of the
>table "visits", which does not exist. Alternately, it's possible that
>"path" does exist, but it is a reserved word and needs to be quoted.

I found the code that refers to this and it seems to be missing columns in
the table. I added the columns with datatype TEXT (for path and referer - I
hope it's correct). I will now see what happens. :-)

> > ERROR: Bad boolean external representation '<font

>a BOOLEAN variable. That's bad HTML/PHP.

Well, I didn't - someone else did something and poor little me (real
NOVICE) is trying to fix it:
The code that is generating the message is all within the php delimiters
(entire file) and appears several times as follows:

if($r1==0 || $r2==0) {
if($archived=='Y') {
}
;;;
select wares.ware_id,wares.name,category.name,unit_size,
qty_per_shipping_unit,supplier.name,sku,
wares.archived end as archived,
trademark.name
from wares,category,wares_category,supplier_wares,supplier,trademark
where wares.ware_id=wares_category.ware_id and
category.category_id=wares_category.category_id and
wares.ware_id=supplier_wares.ware_id and
supplier_wares.supplier_id=supplier.supplier_id and
wares.trademark_id=trademark.trademark_id";

I do not understand what is wrong? (This apparently worked fine in the
original online web site.)

> > ERROR: Relation "mustdie" does not exist
>
>There is no table "mustdie", yet you persist in asking for it. What
>kind of user are you, anyway? ;-)

Please, don't shoot me, yet... :-(
I did find that the table does not exist - I just have to find out what it
should contain... and then re-create it.

> > NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-caluse entry for table "customer"
>
>You referenced a field from "customer" in your query, but did not
>include customer in your FROM clause. This frequently has unexpected
>results. Fix the query.

I'll do my best. :-)

> > ERROR: No such atribute or function 'pcustomer_id'
>
>Same as several above.
>
> > I would like to understand what these statements mean so I can trace
> > and correct problems in the database.
>
>One bit o' help. Stop Postgresql. Go to the postgressql.conf file,
>and turn "quote queries" on in the logging options. This will allow
>you to see the queries that generate the error in the log. You will
>want to turn this option back off before going live, though, or your
>logs will get huge ...

OK, & thanks

Philip