Database viewpoint of subject - Sending e-mails from database table with Cronjob

From: Andre Lopes <lopes80andre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgresql Forums <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database viewpoint of subject - Sending e-mails from database table with Cronjob
Date: 2010-04-21 09:01:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I need some advice about a subject.

I generate e-mail messages to a database table and then with a CronJob I
sent the e-mails.

My doubt is... The CronJob runs every 10 minutes, but If I have 100.000
e-mails to send the script will not be able to send all the 100.000 e-mails
in 10 minutes.

How can I deal with this problem? There is no problem to have multiple
CronJobs runing in background?

Please give me some clues about this subject.

Best Regards,