Re: What has happened to pgxs?

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What has happened to pgxs?
Date: 2005-09-23 06:20:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paesold wrote:

> Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>
>> I'm using a pre-compiled installation of PostgreSQL. All I want to do
>> is use pgxs to be able to compile PL/Java.
>>
>> There is other stuff that seems strange to me. Why do you append
>> 'postgresql' to the include directories further down in the file? I
>> had to remove that in order to compile.
>

> Perhaps this is just a problem with the pre-compiled installation?
> Perhaps they are using strange configure options and than relocate the
> stuff with the installer? I don't know much about Windows stuff, just
> a wild guess. I would file a bug report in the pginstaller project on
> pgfoundry. pgxs should work.

I followed your advice. Here's a link:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1000388&group_id=1000007&atid=126

There's another issue with the Makefile.global.in that I feel should be
addressed here. The file contains a lot of entries like:

ifeq "$(findstring pgsql, $(pkgincludedir))" ""
ifeq "$(findstring postgres, $(pkgincludedir))" ""
override pkgincludedir := $(pkgincludedir)/postgresql
endif
endif

Guess what happens if the install-location in itself contains the string
postgres?
A more correct way of doing it is probably to check if the directory in
question *ends with* pgsql or postgres rather then if it contains it.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren