Crash Backend in 7.3.1

From: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Crash Backend in 7.3.1
Date: 2003-02-05 19:57:43
Lists: pgsql-general

This crashes for me. I know it's a syntax error, but others are handled more gracefully.

7.3.1 on NetBSD 1.5.2 i386

create table test (
testid int
);

create or replace function test_trig() returns trigger as '

elog NOTICE
return OK

' language 'pltcl';

create trigger test_btrig before insert on test for each row execute procedure test_trig();

insert into test values (1);

Ian Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
iharding(at)tpchd(dot)org
(253) 798-3549

"If any man can convince me and bring home to me that I do not think or act aright, gladly will I change; for I search after truth, by which man never yet was harmed. But he is harmed who abideth on still in his deception and ignorance"

-- Marcus Aurelius