Fwd : Rép. : Re: dblink locked query

From: "Francois Rigaudie" <francois(dot)rigaudie(at)tdf(dot)fr>
To: <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>,<Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd : Rép. : Re: dblink locked query
Date: 2006-11-23 11:23:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

A last stand, a fall out actually.

If we suspend TCP input to the distant database long enough, the local Postgres finaly loose completely the connection. After that, allowing again the networkd trafic will not recover the dblink channel and the local query will hang... forever and ever.

The statement_timeout will NOT change anything to it. May be this is due to what is taking in account for the timeout : the query plan execution but not the data retrieving time.

So I am back to the very first beginning. Like the local query, hanged.

SOB SOB SOB

François