Re: [GENERAL] PL/PGSQL

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: Jens Felber <jfe(at)gek-online(dot)de>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PL/PGSQL
Date: 1999-08-23 11:46:44
Lists: pgsql-general

At 14:13 +0300 on 23/08/1999, Jens Felber wrote:

> thanks for your answers but the error-message exist further:
>
> ERROR: fmgr_info: function xxxxx : cache lookup failure
> (xxxx is the function oid)
>
> At the Postgres Error-Log-File ist nothing more to be seen then that.
> I believe, the problem exists outside of the implementation of creating
> functions
> and triggers.
> But I dont know, how I can kill the error - mistake, failure configuration?

Sounds to me that you have created the trigger with some version of the
function, and then you redefined the function, dropped the old one, or some
such. Once this is done, the trigger will give you that error message,
since it works by oid and not the function name.

Try to drop the trigger, if you haven't already.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma