8.2.4 error restoring dump because of gin__int_ops

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.2.4 error restoring dump because of gin__int_ops
Date: 2007-09-13 20:46:36
Lists: pgsql-general

When restoring a dump, I get the following error:

ERROR: could not make operator class "gin__int_ops" be default for type
pg_catalog.int4[]
DETAIL: Operator class "_int4_ops" already is the default.

I believe the problem lies with:

CREATE OPERATOR CLASS gin__int_ops
DEFAULT FOR TYPE integer[] USING gin AS
STORAGE integer ,
OPERATOR 3 &&(integer[],integer[]) ,
OPERATOR 6 =(anyarray,anyarray) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 7 @>(integer[],integer[]) ,
OPERATOR 8 <@(integer[],integer[]) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 13 @(integer[],integer[]) ,
OPERATOR 14 ~(integer[],integer[]) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 20 @@(integer[],query_int) ,
FUNCTION 1 btint4cmp(integer,integer) ,
FUNCTION 2 ginarrayextract(anyarray,internal) ,
FUNCTION 3 ginint4_queryextract(internal,internal,smallint) ,
FUNCTION 4 ginint4_consistent(internal,smallint,internal);

I saw a bug report on a bug with a similar error message I found a bug
report using linux/8.2.0. Has this been resolved? Is there aworkaround?

Carlo