Re: 8.2.4 error restoring dump because of gin__int_ops

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.4 error restoring dump because of gin__int_ops
Date: 2007-09-14 02:52:42
Lists: pgsql-general

"Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca> writes:
> When restoring a dump, I get the following error:
> ERROR: could not make operator class "gin__int_ops" be default for type
> pg_catalog.int4[]
> DETAIL: Operator class "_int4_ops" already is the default.

This is a dup of bug #3048. I see that that still has not been fixed in
CVS HEAD, but I'll make sure it happens before we wrap the upcoming set
of releases.

That won't help a whole lot for dealing with an existing broken dump,
though. I'd suggest removing the "DEFAULT" keyword from the dump
script's definition of gin__int_ops.