Re: Column level triggers

From: "Laurent Wandrebeck" <l(dot)wandrebeck(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Column level triggers
Date: 2008-10-15 21:17:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

2008/10/15 Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>:

> If the patch was submitted back in 2005 and nothing's happened since then
> I'd say the author probably lost interest, which means that it won't be
> added until someone else gets interested in it. So I'd suggest either
> rolling up your sleeves or dangling a carrot (money) in front of some of the
> people that do consulting and back-end hacking.
Well I theorically could try to work on it in a couple months, once I
have finished the project I'm now on, which made me it hit that
limitation.
The main problem are:
- I know absolutely nothing of pg internals, as I'm just a pg user.
- The carrot I can propose as a person is likely to be too small.
@tom: the answers to your questions are of interest. I'd be glad to
know the answers too :)
Regards,
Laurent.