Re: help with utf8

From: Hugo <htakada(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help with utf8
Date: 2005-12-01 16:33:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Richard,

I have to import data from a CSV file with the pgsql COPY command, I just
know that this file comes from an old program written in Clipper (or
something like under linux) , my database was created with UTF8, I cant
find how to create it with UTF-16 on windows, what is the recomended
encoding for Postgres on windows spanish version.

Yes, the problem is in that point , it shoud read "ALEJO GARCIA Nº 367".

thanks for you help

Hugo