a bug, the bugs list, and how to break the website search.

From: Jeff MacDonald <bignose(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: a bug, the bugs list, and how to break the website search.
Date: 2005-10-04 19:46:53
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

Hi,

I very rarely have reason to post to this list so I was reluctant to
sign up for such heavy traffic, but I have a few things to bring up
and they're all 'general'

1: Go to the website and type in "now()" into the search box, it will break
Error in query: Unmatched parenthesis

2: On the support page beside pgsql-bugs, it tells us to post in the
bug reporting form, AND signup for 2 mailing lists. I can't possibly
see how this would encourage anyone to want to report a bug if they
have to jump thru these hoops. Just my 2 cents.

3: An actual but that I'll repeat here even tho I've already posted it
as bug # 1938

Lets say i have a table with a row that looks something like this..

articleposted timestamp default now(),

And yesterday afternoon I did a dump/restore. Now my table reads

article posted | timestamp with time zone | default '2005-10-03
17:14:25.581388-04'::timestamp with time zone

Which means it's interpreting the now() instead of just copying it.

Kind of a pain when I just restored 75 databases with many many
"default now()'s" as you can imagine.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jeff MacDonald