postgresql Secure Mode

From: Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela <msotocl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql Secure Mode
Date: 2005-08-07 12:36:18
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi,

i have a probem,.

I am trying to configure postgresql in sure way, I have made the
following thing:

1. - I have created the certificate and put this in the directory it data
2. - given him privileges to the user postgresql for the certificate
3. - in the file postgresql.conf, modify the parameters ssl = true to
use md5 = true
4. - in the file pg_hba.conf adds one it lines this way hostssl all
all 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 md5
5. - stsrt postresql

But when trying to connect me says that the user cannot authenticate

some idea

thank you very much

--
cordialmente,