Import from CSV - Questions

From: "Joel Hainley" <joelh(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Import from CSV - Questions
Date: 2006-03-09 21:43:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello all,

I was looking over the todo list and noticed an item "import from CSV".

I was wondering if there was more information about what the thoughts were
behind this item?

- Are you looking to be able to import a csv file into a single table?
- Multiple tables?
- Any examples exist out there for other dbms tools that this idea was
inspired by?

Obviously i'm new to the project but i'd like to try to dig in and give a
hand, and thought this might be something I could lend a hand with.

Thanks

joel hainley