Re: pg_restore out of memory

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore out of memory
Date: 2007-06-18 15:51:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane writes:

>> Looked at the record in question and the length of the long column in that
>> row is 88885753 (84MB).
>
> If that actually is the length of the line, the only answer is to raise
> the memory ulimit setting the postmaster runs under.

The memory limit is 1.6GB.
/boot/loader.conf
kern.ipc.semmni=256
kern.ipc.semmns=512
kern.ipc.semmnu=256
kern.maxdsiz="1600MB" #1.6GB
kern.dfldsiz="1600MB" #1.6GB
kern.maxssiz="128M" # 128MB

Also I have several postgress processes in the 400M+ size as reported by top

Report from limit:
cputime unlimited
filesize unlimited
datasize 2097152 kbytes