Re: postgres and webmin

From: William Leite Araújo <william(dot)bh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Danyelle Gragsone" <ladynikon(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres and webmin
Date: 2007-06-27 13:01:50
Lists: pgsql-general

2007/6/27, Danyelle Gragsone <ladynikon(at)gmail(dot)com>:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to setup postgres and postfix using webmin. I am
> following this guide:
>
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email:_A_Complete_Virtual_System_-_Postfix_to_Postgres
>
> I received the following in the postgres db section of webmin:
> select * from pg_database order by datname failed : no pg_hba.conf
> entry for host "[local]", user "postgres", database "template1", SSL
> off
>
> I sadly have no clue on how to go by fixing this. Please help :) It
> talks about this error in the guide. But it really does not tell you
> how to fix it specifically. I don't even see a section in the area
> specified for the authentication they are suggesting.
>
> Operating system Gentoo Linux
> Webmin version 1.350
>
> I believe the problem is in this section.
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only

# DO NOT DISABLE!
# If you change this first entry you will need to make sure that the
# database
# super user can access the database using some other method.
# Noninteractive
# access to all databases is required during automatic maintenance
# (autovacuum, daily cronjob, replication, and similar tasks).
#
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local all postgres ident sameuser

host all all 10.2.0.202 255.255.255.255 trust

--
William Leite Araújo
Estudante de paternidade - 13a semana