passing long array of integers to dblink remote call

From: valgog <valgog(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: passing long array of integers to dblink remote call
Date: 2007-06-27 12:30:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody,

I could not find any information on the passing arrays to the dblink
remote call.

By now I am using something like:

select t.r from dblink( connection_name, 'select r from
remote_stored_procedure( ARRAY[' || array_to_string( my_id_array,
',' ) || '] )' ) as t(r text);

The construct works, but actually I want to be sure, that it will work
even for arrays as long as 50000 values.

And I do not know what is the limitation on the statement text size,
when we pass it to the dblink call!

Is there any better way to call a remote procedure that needs a large
integer array as a parameter?

If not, does dblink team suppose making dblink aware of remote call
parameters?

With best regards,

Valentine Gogichashvili