Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Kulovits <kulovits(at)emarsys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date: 2011-05-12 13:48:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Dave Page wrote:

> Personally (speaking as myself and not an EDB employee) I think it's a
> good thing to highlight how much Postgres is being used - I think that
> can benefit the whole community.

I think its a good thing too, but something that should have been done by
the community itself ... we *used* to have a map on the community web site
that highlighted lcoations of the develoeprs around the world ...
shouldn't have been hard to take that and extend it to an opt-in list of
actual users too ...

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org