Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Kulovits <kulovits(at)emarsys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date: 2011-05-12 13:04:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

2011/5/12 PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>:

> absolutely ... - spreading the news is fine.
> the point is: copying my content without asking the people who are actually listed and creating the impression that they are EDB people - this is more than a no go ...
> anonymous links are fine ... nobody would have complained about that but putting full names on there without asking anybody? this is definitely a no go and strictly speaking illegal to local law.

Don't forget that the EnterpriseDB website is under the jurisdiction
of US law - and as I understand it, reproducing this sort of
non-copyrightable info, compiled from publicly accessible sources is
perfectly acceptable there.

However, as I said - regardless of whether it is right or wrong, we
have removed it because we see no reason or benefit in upsetting
people and causing unnecessary arguments here.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company