Re: lesslog "incorrect resource manager data checksum."

From: "Koichi Suzuki" <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jean-Christophe Arnu" <jcarnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lesslog "incorrect resource manager data checksum."
Date: 2008-11-20 00:04:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Sorry I was out and late to find your report.

Lesslog replaces full page write to corresponding incremental log to
decrease the size and so you should turn full_page_writes "on" for
lesslog to work.

Did you specify "pg_decpmpresslog" as restore command? If so, I don't
see anything missing so far. Pg_decompresslog must be used in place
of "cat".

If possible, could you try to share your archive log (a part may help)
and let me know how you built lesslog? (Did you use rpm?) They will
help. I've tested lesslog against pgbench and DBT-2 so I believe the
coverage is reasonable.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for your help.

---------
Koichi Suzuki