lesslog "incorrect resource manager data checksum."

From: "Jean-Christophe Arnu" <jcarnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: lesslog "incorrect resource manager data checksum."
Date: 2008-11-18 08:36:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm trying to use lesslog 1.1 (out of NTT rpm available on pgfoundry) on my
pg_xlog files out of a 8.3.3 postgresql server.
I always get messages such as "incorrect resource manager data checksum."

This message is issued (as I've read the sources) when there's CRC mismatch
in a record.

Do you have any idea of what's going wrong (i.e. why my CRC are not
matching)? Does this deals with full_page_writes to be set to on (by default
in GUC) which is commented in my GUC (thus set to on) ? Is there something
missing?

Note : I'm transferring my xlog to another node with rsync. The log I get (a
bunch of) for my test purpose are the ones on the remote node, they should
be exactly the same as the one on the server.

Thanks by advance for any ideao!

--
Jean-Christophe Arnu