Re: lesslog "incorrect resource manager data checksum."

From: "Jean-Christophe Arnu" <jcarnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Koichi Suzuki" <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lesslog "incorrect resource manager data checksum."
Date: 2008-11-20 15:48:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Koichi-san,

full_page_writes are written to be on by default in the global user
configuration file (i.e. postgresql.conf). Query to the server showed that
it is :
show full_page_writes ;
full_page_writes
------------------
on

I use the RPM version provided on pgfoundry.

The main problem is located on pg_compresslog side (first) : it is unabe to
compress xlogs.
I send you (in private) a bunch of uncompressed logs that are known to
report pg_compresslog problem.

Once pg_compresslog will work, I plan to test "the other side" solution with
pg_decompresslog :)

Thanks for your reply!

--
Jean-Christophe Arnu