win32 psql syntax error running any .sql created by the query editor

From: Kev <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: win32 psql syntax error running any .sql created by the query editor
Date: 2008-04-07 20:34:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

This is reproducible every time on my Windows 2003 Server box running
pgAdmin3 1.8.2 and pgsql 8.3.

1. Open the query editor.
2. Type any valid query.
3. Save.
4. In a DOS box, run psql -f on the file you just saved.

I get the following error:

psql:path/to/test.sql:71: ERROR: syntax error at or near "п»ї"
LINE 1: п»їselect * from cust

If I open the file in TextPad, it says it's of UNIX type. If I then
save it again using TextPad and run it, it runs fine without errors.

This also happens even if I go Edit->Line Ends-> and choose either DOS
or UNIX in the query editor and then save again.

I could be wrong, but this sounds like a bug. Thoughts or
suggestions?

Thanks,
Kev