Two-phase commit for 8.1

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Two-phase commit for 8.1
Date: 2005-01-19 18:55:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Now that we got 8.0 out of the door, I'm submitting my two-phase commit patch
again for discussion.

http://www.hut.fi/~hlinnaka/pgsql/

Do we want it in 8.1, if we want a short development cycle? It needs a new
pg_twophase subdirectory, and it introduces a new system view, so I guess it
requires an initdb (or pg_upgrade).

Any comments on the implementation or the new commands?

I would appreciate help testing the JDBC driver with an application server that
does XA recovery properly.

- Heikki