Slightly OT.

From: gonzales(at)linuxlouis(dot)net
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Kenneth Downs <ken(at)secdat(dot)com>, nikolay(at)samokhvalov(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slightly OT.
Date: 2007-06-01 14:42:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Group,
I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed. I'm a HUGE advocate of
PostgreSQL(to state for the record) - in fact I always keep my eyes peeled
for opportunities to recommend it in my day to day business.

So why am I disappointed, and who really cares?

I'm disappointed because SLONY-II has not been released yet to support
multi-master replication! PostgreSQL is going through all of the releases
- and that's great - BUT, where is the sync-up with the powerhouse of a
component, that Slony-II would bring to the table? Slony-I is pretty
sweet, but if Slony-II would release, I can imagine that this would
introduce some major competition in the enterprise world against the
commercial dyno's.

I've been doing some really cool stuff with the latest versions of
OpenLDAP and PostgreSQL on Solaris 10(in the past Solaris 9) also using
Linux(Fedora Core - go Redhat).

Anyone have any thoughts/comments to this end?

--
Louis Gonzales
louis(dot)gonzales(at)linuxlouis(dot)net