Re: Slony RPM issue

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, slony1-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slony RPM issue
Date: 2005-10-05 14:32:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Philip Yarra wrote:

> Hi Devrim, I ran into another RPM issue, this time with Slony.

:-)

> I grabbed the RPM from
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~devrim/slony/1.1.0/rpms/PG8.0.3/
>
> Trying to run slon_start, I got errors such as:
> $ slon_start --config /etc/slon_tools.conf 2
> Invoke slon for node 2 - @@@/slon -s 1000 -d2 -g 80 replication 'host=dev2
> dbname=booktown user=postgres port=5432' 2>&1
>> /var/log/slony/slony1/node2/booktown-2005-10-05_16:23:53.log &
> sh: line 1: @@@/slon: No such file or directory
> Slon failed to start for cluster replication, node node2
>
> This turned out to be because /usr/lib/pgsql/slon-tools.pm contained several
> un-expanded @@PGBINDIR@@ prefixes - once I replaced them with /usr/bin it all
> ran just fine.

Hrrm.

It seems that I've installed wrong file in the spec :( However slon-tools
file is not updated by the Makefile, so I'll try to fix that, too.

Thanks for the report. It will fixed in CVS and all the RPM sets later
today. Always feel free to send me a patch if you want, I can apply your
patch, too.

BTW, could you please report the possible Slony problems to
slony1-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org later?

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr