Slony RPM issue

From: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Slony RPM issue
Date: 2005-10-05 07:51:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Devrim, I ran into another RPM issue, this time with Slony.

I grabbed the RPM from
http://developer.postgresql.org/~devrim/slony/1.1.0/rpms/PG8.0.3/

Trying to run slon_start, I got errors such as:
$ slon_start --config /etc/slon_tools.conf 2
Invoke slon for node 2 - @@@/slon -s 1000 -d2 -g 80 replication 'host=dev2
dbname=booktown user=postgres port=5432' 2>&1
> /var/log/slony/slony1/node2/booktown-2005-10-05_16:23:53.log &
sh: line 1: @@@/slon: No such file or directory
Slon failed to start for cluster replication, node node2

This turned out to be because /usr/lib/pgsql/slon-tools.pm contained several
un-expanded @@PGBINDIR@@ prefixes - once I replaced them with /usr/bin it all
ran just fine.

Please let me know if I can assist in fixing these issues.

Also, thanks to David and Gavin for their help on IRC - it made a big
difference to my day!

Regards, Philip.

Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.