Re: How to figure out when was a table created

From: achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com
To: David B <postgresql(at)thegatelys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to figure out when was a table created
Date: 2003-10-03 06:33:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Well, in certain filesystems you can have the birth time
(like ufs2) stored in the inode struct.

So you find the file name in your $PGDATA/base directory
using the oid of your table (in pg_class),
and then you open that file with stat (2) or utimes (2) (or
from perl) to read creation data.

All that apply for FreeBSD, see if creation time is supported
in ext2/3.