How to figure out when was a table created

From: "David B" <postgresql(at)thegatelys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to figure out when was a table created
Date: 2003-10-02 23:01:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi folks,

I posted this question a few days ago and got no response so I guess it
cannot be done (surprising!)
So that leaves me with my business problem.

We create a table for each days activity.
After N days (typically 7 days) we can drop the table.
The table name is not known so cannot force business to make tablename
something like mydata_MMDDYY

I'd like to be able to do something like:
SELECT tablename
FROM pg_???
WHERE to_char( ???, 'dd/mm/yy' ) = to_char( now() - interval '7 days',
'dd/mm/yy' )

Any suggestions?

--- Prior msg was:

Folks,

I have a list of tables for which I want to get the date they were
created...and if possible the date last updateded.

I suspect there is a pg_??? table that can answer this question but I don't
know what it is and I cannot find it mentioned in any docs.

Any suggestions...tia
-D

p.s. Love this forum!