Re: is GiST still alive?

From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling(at)informatik(dot)hu-berlin(dot)de>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: is GiST still alive?
Date: 2003-10-22 22:16:21
Lists: pgsql-chat pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Christopher Browne wrote:
> It leaves open the question of what is the appropriate way of
> expressing XML entities and attributes and CDATA in database form.
<snip>

Thanx for your advise, but that's not what I had in mind. The original
idea to have a native xml database was that I doesn't work too well in a
relational database.
I was just wondering wheater I have to reinvent the wheel of database
technology when it comes to transaction processing, ACID, and Indexes,
which a native xml database ought to have as well.

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor(at)zeitlinger(dot)de