Re: max relations in a single database

From: Ralph Graulich <maillist(at)shauny(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: max relations in a single database
Date: 2002-07-22 14:52:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

> Have you tried running the regression tests on your installation?

Meanhwilst I did a fresh compile with the changes involved and ran a
regression test with no unusual errors showing up. Imported the dumpfile
again gives me the same errors as before.

As the dumpfile is plain ASCII text, I used vi to edit the names of the
views by hand. I changed their names to be a good amount below the margin
of 30 or whatever characters, just using abbreviations.

Then I reimported without any problems.

So far I tracked down it must have something to do with the following
things in combination:

- long view names using complete ave space for their names
- names of the views only differing in the last char
(e.g. ...year_2000, ...year_2001, ...year_2002)
- and only if you're using views on views
(e.g. view_all as union of the single years' views)
- only if a fair amount of relations is already defined
(maybe 254 was just by accident)

Currently trying to tear the database apart and trying to build a test
suite for it.

Kind regards & thanks for your help so far
... Ralph ...