Re: [GENERAL] jdbc driver problem

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: soundar rajan <psrajan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] jdbc driver problem
Date: 1999-10-17 13:43:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, soundar rajan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using postgresql under Linux with jdk1.2. When I
> try to 'make' under /src/interfaces/jdbc to get the
> jdbc driver, I get the java.version to be 1.0b4. But,
> this output doesn't generate any driver, or in fact
> the postgresql.jar file itself.
>
> Can anyone help me in getting the things done.

With v6.5 I introduced the ability to detect the version of the JVM.
However, it was quickly discovered that not all JVM's return a consistent
version number - some don't have a number at all.

So as of 6.5.2, this code was removed, and the choice is now done in make.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk