SP are good, but ....

From: root <big(dot)john(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SP are good, but ....
Date: 1999-10-17 15:50:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi !

Last week i read all the stuff about SPs.

First of all: SP are definitely usefull ! I use them often and
regularly, they increase speed and security.

But: there are still some things missing in the standard sql or others
which are really a need like full support of unions in any place they
should be supported like

* create table x as select ... union select .... or
* create view as select distinct .... union select ....

I think it would be better to enlarge and accomplish SQL-Standard,
before thinking of the rather complex area of SPs

lG,
John