libpq wrapper

From: Simon Drabble <simon(at)syspac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: libpq wrapper
Date: 1998-12-30 14:18:59
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm working on a wrapper for libpq to fill a couple of holes, such as:

o Ability to send formatting strings to a query a la printf()
o Internal error logging and handling
o Ability to return column values as more than just char *
o Encapsulation of database connection and result structures into one
o Paint over a couple of cracks, e.g. calling PQclear() twice (on the
same result struct) will core dump - my library fixes this.

The wrapper is just about complete but it needs to be tested more fully.

If there is any interest I'll make it available via anon ftp. Let me know
via email or the list.

Simon.

--
To really understand a man, you must first walk a mile in his shoes. Then,
not only will you have his shoes, you'll be a mile away.

Simon Drabble madlather(at)syspac(dot)com