user-based access control

From: Lin Xia - EECS <lxia(at)eecs(dot)wsu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: user-based access control
Date: 1998-10-26 09:42:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

We are using postgresql for a database class. There are several
groups of students and we created one database for each of the
group. However, they can connect to other databases and view
the structures of the tables inside. Is there any way to
control the access on user-level? (the postgresql is running on
hp unix) I checked the manuals and could only find host-based
control using pg_hpa.conf.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Lin
lxia(at)eecs(dot)wsu(dot)edu