Security for web server access?

From: "Gilley, Charles H(dot)" <Charles(dot)Gilley(at)glenayre(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Security for web server access?
Date: 1998-10-23 13:49:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a working understanding of the use of pg_hba.conf now and can access
my database from a variety of user accounts. I'm using host based access
and the password mechanism. My question is about server access.
Generally, a web server is running under process Nobody and it is usually
local to the database. Any opinions about letting the local flag pick up
the
security?

Any thoughts as to protection schemes for web databases? I'm interested in
any thoughts regarding priv's on a table basis.

Charles Gilley