Re: Interfaces that support cursors

From: Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb(at)eskimo(dot)com>
To: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interfaces that support cursors
Date: 2003-10-10 21:14:35
Lists: pgsql-general

> Absolutely- I was gonna dig into my mod_perl manual since I'm not sure if/how I
> can make the HTML interfaces persist in Apache- I know the backend can (Apache
> <-> Pg) but instead of increasing the complexity of things this time(all the
> script does is write pages of images), I'll see how the selects with
> offset/limit modifiers perform. I'm going to check our that Persistent Perl
> product for future reference too. Thanks.

PersistentPerl Kicks Butt! You can use the standard CGI stuff, and still
get the speed benefits of hacks like mod_perl. Most of my bigger web
applications take about 5seconds for perl to parse, which would make them
useless without PersistentPerl.

One site I built using PersistentPerl is http://store.wolfram.com/ - I
don't know if they still use it, but I don't see why they would have
changed. It was a beauty.

Jon