Re: search.postgresql.org

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: search.postgresql.org
Date: 2006-03-25 20:49:00
Lists: pgsql-www

I don't understand all this thread. Manual intervention brings to nothing
all search engine ranking and usually produce very bad results.
Is't possible to use citations ?

Also, is't possible to group results by sites ? This could soften effect
of incorrect ranking. At www.pgsql.ru/db/pgsearch we have no manual
weight correction and trust authors of web pages.

Oleg

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83