Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

From: Christopher Farley <chris(at)northernbrewer(dot)com>
To: Grant Finnemore <gaf(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Date: 2000-11-09 05:50:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Grant,
Thanks for the -d2 tip, it will make my life a lot easier for quite
some time!
Actually, I already tested the 'unescaped single quote' theory, and the
JDBC driver *does* escape them for you.
The problem in my case seems to be that the JDBC driver is throwing the
'unterminated quoted string' because I am inserting a null value into a
char(1) field. I do not have any 'not null' constraints on the field.
I can easily work around this problem now that I understand it, but I'm
pretty sure this is not correct behavior for the JDBC driver. Is this the
proper forum to report bugs, if this is indeed a bug?

----
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105
www.northernbrewer.com