Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

From: Grant Finnemore <gaf(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Christopher Farley <chris(at)northernbrewer(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Date: 2000-11-09 06:14:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Christopher,

Yep, this is the correct place to discuss bugs...

I tried the following code, and it seems to work. Is this similar to what you are
trying to do?

import java.sql.*;

public class JDBCTest {
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost/test",
"jms", "jms");
/* Before running this class, ensure that the database is created.
* CREATE DATABASE test;
* CREATE TABLE t ( aa char(1) );
*/
PreparedStatement ps =
conn.prepareStatement("insert into t values (?)");
ps.setString(1, null);
ps.executeUpdate();
}
}

Also, what version of the driver are you using - is it off CVS, the version 7.0.x
tarballs, something else?

Regards,
Grant

--
> Poorly planned software requires a genius to write it
> and a hero to use it.

Grant Finnemore BSc(Eng) (mailto:gaf(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za)
Software Engineer Universal Computer Services
Tel (+27)(11)712-1366 PO Box 31266 Braamfontein 2017, South Africa
Cell (+27)(82)604-5536 20th Floor, 209 Smit St., Braamfontein
Fax (+27)(11)339-3421 Johannesburg, South Africa