Re: Not found indexed word

From: "Melek JARRAYA" <MJARRAYA(at)cfirst(dot)fr>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not found indexed word
Date: 2018-08-21 14:59:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Here is in screenshot the query executed for the search for the word
"Pepinier".
The search result is always null.
QueryWords contains the search word.

Cordialement,
JARRAYA Melek
Tel: 03 88 06 64 34

De : Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
A : Melek JARRAYA <MJARRAYA(at)cfirst(dot)fr>
Cc : Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date : 21/08/2018 05:39
Objet : Re: Not found indexed word

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:55 AM, Melek JARRAYA <MJARRAYA(at)cfirst(dot)fr> wrote:

Hello,

We are working on a projet in java 8 and we use the PostgreSQL 9.6
technology. Part of this project contains indexing and search, for
that we user tsvector.
During the test we found that for a spécific word "Pepiniere" the
result of the search is null, while the word is indexed in the data
base.

If i search with the word Metz or Strasbourg, the word "Pepiniere"
goes back well in the results.

"Pepiniere" has an 'e' at the end, and "Pepinier" does not.  It is possible
one is supposed to converted to the other by the stemmer, but without
seeing the exact query you ran, it is hard to know.

Cheers,

Jeff