Re: Not found indexed word

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Melek JARRAYA" <MJARRAYA(at)cfirst(dot)fr>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not found indexed word
Date: 2018-08-23 14:43:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Melek JARRAYA" <MJARRAYA(at)cfirst(dot)fr> writes:
> Here is in screenshot the query executed for the search for the word
> "Pepinier".
> The search result is always null.
> QueryWords contains the search word.

You seem to be using the single-argument form of to_tsquery, which
means that the way it stems the word is going to depend on the
setting of default_text_search_config. It looks like the stored
word was stemmed using the "french" setting, but maybe that's not
what prevails for your running application. I'd try executing
just "SELECT to_tsquery('Pepiniere')" from your application and
see what you get.

In some quick experiments here, I get 'pepinier' in French or
Spanish, but just 'pepini' in English or German. So that'd be
enough to prevent a match to a stored 'pepinier'.