i18n in pgSQL

From: Vernon Wu <vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: i18n in pgSQL
Date: 2002-07-05 18:29:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I am working on an application intended for multilingual users. I have learnt from a source that I shall define double-byte
data type such as nvarchar and ntext in DB. I don't see these data type in the pgsql online document. I have tried to
create a table with the data type. The nvarchar is accepted, but not ntext.

Also, I remember I can configure pgsql for unicode in Linux. I can't find what, where, and how to configure pgsql in my
current setting: on cygwin.

Currently, Chinese charaters can't be stored and retrieved properly.

Thanks for your help.

Vernon