MySQL/InnoDB benchmarks

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MySQL/InnoDB benchmarks
Date: 2002-02-21 05:38:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK,

Probably people are sick of MySQL stuff, but I think this is worth having a
squiz at. As you may be aware, InnoDB is a table handler for MySQL that
adds row-level locking, transactions and foreign keys to MySQL. Note that
there is NO cascade support in this implementation of foreign keys.

Now, the InnoDB guys have done some benchmarks:

http://www.innodb.com/bench.html

However, I notice that they seem to have optimised the Postgres server
adequately, and tested lots of concurrent users, and found that Postgres is
basically slow and unscalable...

This is for people's edification, I'm not making any further comments on the
benchmarks!!

Chris