Re: MySQL/InnoDB benchmarks

From: Marc Lavergne <mlavergne-pub(at)richlava(dot)com>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL/InnoDB benchmarks
Date: 2002-02-21 17:00:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Out of curiosity I ran the "benchmark" on an untuned fairly loaded
single 1Ghz CPU box, my times based on their specs were (in seconds
rounded up):

Insert of 100 000 rows,
copied from a table 3

Sum of an integer
column from a join of
100 000 rows 3

Granted it's still slower than the InnoDB results and I did test against
7.2, but I'm sure with a little tweaking I could almost halve my times.
I have to agree with the others, something looks awful funny about their
results! However, I would add that it's all a moot point really since
the benchmark doesn't even attempt to test concurrent transactions but
that's probably for a reason! ;-)

Cheers,

Marc