Re: Changes committed

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changes committed
Date: 2002-02-20 16:37:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Definitely looks like it's heading the right way :-).

I've made some changes - please check & confirm you agree they're OK:

1) OID comes from pg_class.oid (relfilenode is the filename on disk which
*may* be different).

2) Kill recordsets after use to be safe.

3) Only commit when we actually change something, not when just retrieving
updated properties.

I'm not overly convinced that the rollback is right though - it's already
fallen over once for me. How about, creating the view with a random name,
and then if that succeeds, drop the old one and rename the new?

I've checked in my changes anyway.

Regards, Dave.