Re: pg_dump new version

From: "Wang, Mary Y" <mary(dot)y(dot)wang(at)boeing(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump new version
Date: 2010-02-23 16:36:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm not clear when you said that "old pg_dump should work fine for this purpose in practically all cases, so it's not worth your trouble to try to figure out a workaround". Did you mean that it's OK to use the old version of pg_dump when you are doing a major version upgrade when working with a RPM package?

Thanks
Mary