Jdbc3PoolingDataSource and Statement relationship???

From: "Derek Dilts" <ddilts(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Jdbc3PoolingDataSource and Statement relationship???
Date: 2004-02-23 20:47:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

To whom it may concern:

I am getting a Connection from Jdbc3PoolingDataSource.getConnection(),
creating and executing a statement, then making a call to
Connection.close().

My question is this ... are those statements being closed by Postgres's
pooling implementation like they should be, or do I have to keep track
and close each Statement b/4 closing the Connection.

I have read the documentation about pooling and Postgres's
implementation of the DataSource interface,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/jdbc-datasource.html. I am
aware that by using the pool, Connections actually never close and
remain open for the life of the pool. However, I am assuming that when
my application calls Connection.close(), any associated Statements will
be cleaned-up/closed. Is this assumption correct? If so, please point me
to any documentation that might explain this. If not, please advise!

Thanks,
Derek

Cisco Systems
ddilts(at)cisco(dot)com