Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin stability as a production db

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Alan Caudill' <acaudill(at)centerrun(dot)com>, "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin stability as a production db
Date: 2002-06-06 09:35:23
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,
I run a ~30 users db on PostgreSQL+Cygwin+NT4 on a proliant. The
only real problem I have had is that the postmaster doesn't always seem to
have enough time to terminate its children during reboot, so you can end up
leaving the postmaster.pid file. The major limitations are a 63 Process fork
limit and the fact cygwin's fork actually copies memory (plus fiddles some
file descriptors) makes connections slower.
hth,
- Stuart